Victorian era Halfpenny Dreadfuls come to life with stories of history, mystery, scandals & vandals…adventure and spectres abound!
Join your amiable hosts as they take you on an insightful stroll back in time. Like any good Penny Dreadful, these walking tours are filled with salacious (but true) stories that may keep you up at night – you’ll never look at history the same again! Tours also include historical references, unique architectural features and information on our vanishing past. While we regale you with information, we welcome & encourage questions – as we also hope to spark your interest in doing your own research & discovery!
Tours are seasonal and weather permitting. Advance reservations required (while we do accept cash, credit cards at the walk start, we cannot guarantee a space, or even a walk without pre-booking) A minimum of 4 people (or 2 Adults, 2 Kids) must be booked to hold a walk (if there are insufficient bookings at any time, you will be notified via email 2hrs before the walk start and offered any alternate date or a refund). Maximum 20 persons per tour. Most Tours last approximately 90 minutes and are generally considered ‘accessible’ (due to the age of these areas, some may be less than level). Families are welcome, though children 6 to 16 & MUST be accompanied by an Adult 18+ (not recommended for children less than 6 years). Special group, private tours, educational lectures and the like are available and may be booked at alternate times to regular tours, please contact us to make arrangements.Our Hamilton area walking tours have ended, we thank you all for your patronage! Please visit these other local Hamilton purveyors of history – and continue to research on your own!
- For some ideas about historical places to see in Hamilton, have a look at this site: http://historicalhamilton.com/
- Buildings like Whitehern, Scottish Rites, Dundurn ‘Castle’ (which also includes a Military Museum)…
- We highly recommend taking the Waterfront Trolley https://is.gd/LYzkLo and the Hamiltonian Boat Tour https://is.gd/eEUv3K (this one has some great history told along the way).
- Robin McKee has some great FREE historical tours through Hamilton Cemetery (100 acres on two levels) http://www.hamiltonhistory.ca/ – highly recommended (in fact, if you can’t take the tour, wander through, it’s a spectacular place for monumental photos).
- Adults – $15
- Children – $10 (ages 6 to 16 & MUST be accompanied by an Adult 18+) Tours are not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
- Private tours are available for groups of 10 or more, please contact us with details.
Please note: cost does not include transportation or parking. Though most of these walks cover paved ground, some areas may be less than ideal for persons with limited mobility.
We accept major credit cards, PayPal & cash (Groups Tours may also use INTERAC eTransfer – please contact us first). Tours require pre-payment to assure your space. We do not issue physical tickets; please keep your receipt as proof of payment (electronic copies are fine). No refunds less than 72 hours before a tour. No cash refunds. Tours marked as cancelled will be credited toward a subsequent tour at our discretion.
To keep informed of all Walks, News & Events, click here & join the VIP list!
For further information or group bookings, please contact us.