The Dark Side of Port Colborne!
Some claim that Niagara on the Lake is Canada’s MOST HAUNTED TOWN, we beg to differ…
Join your spirited hosts Missus Mooney and Michael Furey as they take you on an eerie stroll back in time. Like any good ghost story, these Haunted History Tours are filled with intriguing and sometimes frightening (but true) stories that may keep you up at night – you’ll never look at history the same again!
- Tales of personal encounters with a particular spirit that resides in The Roselawn, once home to several of the city’s most prestigious families.
- Oakwood Cemetery where family and fortunes run afoul, a loyal companion keeps guard and rumours of a curse few have dared to challenge.
- Ghostly lights along the Canal
- Legends and ghostly encounters on the waters of Lake Erie
…and so much more!
Our Haunted History Walking Tours run from 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm (7:00 pm – 8:30 pm for Oct./Nov. dates)
The location & parking instructions will be sent to you upon booking. In the unlikely event a tour is canceled/rescheduled, a notice will be posted on the site and we will do our best to contact you via email.
Remaining dates for 2018:
July 6 / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm July 20 (sold out) / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Aug. 10 / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Aug. 24 / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Sept. 7 / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Sept. 28 / 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Oct. 12 (almost sold out) / 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Wed. Oct. 31 (Halloween) / 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thurs. Nov. 1 (Day of The Dead) / 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Nov. 2: / 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
All reservations – $10 (all youth up to 16 yrs. – MUST be accompanied by an Adult 18+); tours are not recommended for children under 13 years of age. Tours require pre-payment to assure your space. There are no physical tickets, though online payments will generate a digital receipt (statement will read PYRATE NDN). Refunds are discretionary and only if a tour is canceled.
Maximum 20 persons per tour.
While the pace of the walk is casual, we do recommend comfortable and stable footwear! Tours last approximately 90 minutes and are generally considered ‘accessible’ (due to the age of these areas, some may be less than level). We are by the Lake while the sun goes down, so consider the weather (a light jacket or sweater may be in order).
Tours are seasonal and weather permitting. Canceled tours may be rescheduled – anyone already booked will be offered an alternate date.
We accept major credit cards, PayPal & INTERAC eTransfer (arrangements may occasionally be made to pay by cash – please contact us first). Tours require pre-payment to assure your space. There are no physical tickets or receipts (PayPal/CC payments will generate a digital receipt – statement will read PYRATE NDN). No refunds less than 72 hours before a tour. No cash refunds. Tours marked as cancelled will be credited toward a subsequent tour at our discretion.
Give The Gift of Ghoul! Click here for special group or private tours (min. 10 persons)
Educational lectures and the like are available and may be booked at alternate times to regular tours, please contact us to make arrangements. For something a little different, visit Pyrate Lore & Harbour Walks.
To keep informed of all Walks, News & Special Events, click here & join the VIP list!